Mr. Neil Allen, Head of English, High School, The International School of Brussels: “In March of 2016 and 2017, Que Mai has led week-long workshops to a group of our students, engaging, inspiring and training our students how to write creatively. The students were extremely positive about the workshops, and, having observed sessions personally, I was delighted with the structure, organisation and atmosphere of each session.”
Que Mai has conducted many readings and workshops internationally. Her future and past events include:
- Dialogues Across Borders: War and Race for Vietnamese Writers of the Diaspora, the Djerassi Resident Artists Program, California, the United States, June 5-11, 2018.
- The International Seminar on Rivers in Literature, Banjarmasin, Indonesia, 6-9 December , 2017.
- The International Arts Festival, SEAN Poetry and Syair @DiverseCity 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28-30 September, 2017.
- Writing for Liberty Conference, the University of Western Cape, South Africa, 27-29 March, 2017.
- Creative Writing Workshops 'Keeping It Short', the International School of Brussels, Belgium, 13-15 March, 2017.
- Poetry reading, Hugo House, Seattle, the United States, 28 March 2016.
- Poetry Reading, Pasadena Central Library, Pasadena, CA, the United States, 30 March 2016.
- Poetry Reading, Pico Union Branch Library, Los Angeles, CA, the United States, 31 March 2016.
- Inheriting the War Anthology Reading' Poetry Reading, AWP BookFair & Conference, Los Angeles, CA, the United States, 2 April 2016.
- Poetry reading, the 2016 Zee Jaipur Literary Festival, India, 21-25 January, 2016
- Creative Writing Workshop 'Our Stories, Our Heritage', the International School of Brussels, Belgium, 15-19 February, 2016
- Poetry reading, My Country Calls My Name book launch, The Women Museum of Vietnam and the Southern Vietnam Women Museum, June 2015 (Hanoi & HCM City, Vietnam);
- Poetry reading, The Asian Development Bank (ADB), as part of the Know Your Developing Member Countries (KYDMCs): Viet Nam event and activities, 8 May, 2015;
- Poetry Reading, McEver Poetry Reading, techARTS Festival, Georgia Tech University, 26 February, 2015 (Atlanta, USA);
- Poetry Reading, Poetry Sunday Event, Lannan Foundation, 1 March, 2015 (New Mexico, USA);
- Facilitator, creative writing workshop “Write Our Identity”, Writers & Books Literary Center, 5 March, 2015 (Rochester, USA);
- Poetry Reading, Writers & Books Literary Center, 6 March, 2015 (Rochester, USA);
- Distinguished Visiting Faculty, Poets House, 10 March 2015 (New York City, USA);
- Poetry reading, Poets House’s Poetry Reading Event, 10 March, 2015 (New York City, USA)
- Poetry Reading, International School Manila (ISM) Cultural Show, 27 March, 2015 (Manila, Philippines)
- Summer Writing Workshop, Lancaster University (UK, 2013)
- Poetry readings, International Poetry Festival of Medellin (Colombia, 2013).
- Poetry readings, Qinghai Roundtable Meeting of International Poets (China, 2012)
- Poetry readings and facilitation, The First Asia-Pacific Poetry Festival (Vietnam, 2012)
- Craft lecture & poetry reading: De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines (December 2012)
- Poetry workshop for grade 9 students, Yew Chung International School, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (November 2012)
- Poetry workshop for 60 grade 9-12 students, The Korean International School, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong (October 2012)
- Poetry workshop for ENG 2170 (Poetry) Class, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (October 2012)
- Craft lecture & poetry reading: De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines (February 2012)
- Craft lecture and poetry reading, Silliman University's 51st National Writers Workshop, Dumaguete, Philippines (May 2012)
- Poetry workshop, 4th grade students, The International School Manila, Manila, Philippines (December 2012 and March 2012) - The result was a poetry collection which was sold-out and raised sufficient funds to buy two sets of play equipment for a disadvantaged local school.
- Craft lecture, conducted with professor Bruce Weigl, University of Culture, Hanoi, Vietnam (December 2011)
• International qualifications:
· Ph.D candidate in Creative Writing, Lancaster University (2015-2018).
· Master of Arts in Creative Writing,Lancaster University, UK(2014).
· Bachelor of Business Administration (Communications major), Monash University, Australia (1997).
ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival 2016