Que Mai has conducted many readings and workshops internationally. Her future and past events include:
- Speaker, Ubud Writers & Readers Festival, Ubud, Indonesia, October 24-28, 2018.
- Visiting Writer, William Joiner Institute 2018 Writers' Workshop, University of Massachusetts Boston, the United States, June 25 - June 29, 2018.
- Panel member, Dialogues Across Borders: Creative Minds: Vietnamese Writers of the Diaspora (with Viet Thanh Nguyen, Thi Bui, Nam Le, Anna Moi, Hoa Nguyen, Aimee Phan, Bao Phi, Dao Strom, Monique Truong), moderated by Isabelle Thuy Pelaud, Lan Duong and Anh Thang Dao, San Jose Museum of Art, the United States, 9 June 2018.
- Dialogues Across Borders: War and Race for Vietnamese Writers of the Diaspora, the Djerassi Resident Artists Program, California, the United States, June 5-11, 2018.
- Visiting Writer, the Jakarta International School, Jakarta, Indonesia (January-February 2018).
- The International Seminar on Rivers in Literature, Banjarmasin, Indonesia, 6-9 December , 2017.
- The International Arts Festival, SEAN Poetry and Syair @DiverseCity 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28-30 September, 2017.
- Writing for Liberty Conference, the University of Western Cape, South Africa, 27-29 March, 2017.
- Creative Writing Workshops 'Keeping It Short', the International School of Brussels, Belgium, 13-15 March, 2017.
- Poetry reading, Hugo House, Seattle, the United States, 28 March 2016.
- Poetry Reading, Pasadena Central Library, Pasadena, CA, the United States, 30 March 2016.
- Poetry Reading, Pico Union Branch Library, Los Angeles, CA, the United States, 31 March 2016.
- Inheriting the War Anthology Reading' Poetry Reading, AWP BookFair & Conference, Los Angeles, CA, the United States, 2 April 2016.
- Poetry reading, the 2016 Zee Jaipur Literary Festival, India, 21-25 January, 2016
- Creative Writing Workshop 'Our Stories, Our Heritage', the International School of Brussels, Belgium, 15-19 February, 2016
- Poetry reading, My Country Calls My Name book launch, The Women Museum of Vietnam and the Southern Vietnam Women Museum, June 2015 (Hanoi & HCM City, Vietnam);
- Poetry reading, The Asian Development Bank (ADB), as part of the Know Your Developing Member Countries (KYDMCs): Viet Nam event and activities, 8 May, 2015;
- Poetry Reading, McEver Poetry Reading, techARTS Festival, Georgia Tech University, 26 February, 2015 (Atlanta, USA);
- Poetry Reading, Poetry Sunday Event, Lannan Foundation, 1 March, 2015 (New Mexico, USA);
- Facilitator, creative writing workshop “Write Our Identity”, Writers & Books Literary Center, 5 March, 2015 (Rochester, USA);
- Poetry Reading, Writers & Books Literary Center, 6 March, 2015 (Rochester, USA);
- Distinguished Visiting Faculty, Poets House, 10 March 2015 (New York City, USA);
- Poetry reading, Poets House’s Poetry Reading Event, 10 March, 2015 (New York City, USA)
- Poetry Reading, International School Manila (ISM) Cultural Show, 27 March, 2015 (Manila, Philippines)
- Summer Writing Workshop, Lancaster University (UK, 2013)
- Poetry readings, International Poetry Festival of Medellin (Colombia, 2013).
- Poetry readings, Qinghai Roundtable Meeting of International Poets (China, 2012)
- Poetry readings and facilitation, The First Asia-Pacific Poetry Festival (Vietnam, 2012)
- Craft lecture & poetry reading: De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines (December 2012)
- Poetry workshop for grade 9 students, Yew Chung International School, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (November 2012)
- Poetry workshop for 60 grade 9-12 students, The Korean International School, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong (October 2012)
- Poetry workshop for ENG 2170 (Poetry) Class, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (October 2012)
- Craft lecture & poetry reading: De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines (February 2012)
- Craft lecture and poetry reading, Silliman University's 51st National Writers Workshop, Dumaguete, Philippines (May 2012)
- Poetry workshop, 4th grade students, The International School Manila, Manila, Philippines (December 2012 and March 2012) - The result was a poetry collection which was sold-out and raised sufficient funds to buy two sets of play equipment for a disadvantaged local school.
- Craft lecture, conducted with professor Bruce Weigl, University of Culture, Hanoi, Vietnam (December 2011)
• International qualifications:
· Ph.D candidate in Creative Writing, Lancaster University (2015-2018).
· Master of Arts in Creative Writing,Lancaster University, UK(2014).
· Bachelor of Business Administration (Communications major), Monash University, Australia (1997).
Mr. Neil Allen, Head of English, High School, The International School of Brussels: “In March of 2016 and 2017, Que Mai has led week-long workshops to a group of our students, engaging, inspiring and training our students how to write creatively. The students were extremely positive about the workshops, and, having observed sessions personally, I was delighted with the structure, organisation and atmosphere of each session.”
ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival 2016